-
Renaming Hard Drives/Partitions
Fast question
How do you rename the hard drive partitions? I've tried using F2 or selecting "Rename", but when I do, I wind up with the entire partition being copied to another area on the hard drive.
All I want to do is "name" my partitions something like:
"Knoppix 3.7", or "Windows 98 SE", or "Exchange", or "Mepis", or "Archives" - well you get the picture. I'm not interested in making extra copies of the existing partition! If I wanted that, I'd use "partimage".
Anyone help?
GMD
Similar Threads
-
By algebraic in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-11-2005, 11:50 AM
-
By bdn103 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-03-2005, 04:35 PM
-
By randolphtaco in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 08:23 PM
-
By passion_wheel1974 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 11:06 PM
-
By phsieh in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$120.73

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00