Quote Originally Posted by Mustang64
Now that I have renamed (mv /mnt/hdb3/ /mnt/Mepis) my mount points, and renamed the same mount points in fstab, how do I get the "new names" to show up in KDE?

My partitions are still showing up as /mnt/hdaxx, or /mnt/hdbzz or whatever.
Umm, where in KDE?
The desktop icons: Just right-click the icon -> select Device -> Select the Device from the list. The new mountpoint should be shown then.
Konqueror: Browse to the new mountpoint as you can't use the older ones anymore.

Well, you can use the old ones as well if you kept them in fstab. I use two lines for my NTFS partition depending on if I want to mount it ro or rw with captive:
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,uid=markus,gid=markus,umask=0 00 0 0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/captive-win captive-ntfs defaults,noauto 0 0

If the desktop icons get recreated as well, try: sudo chmod 0 /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons
There are other fixes for it as well but IMHO this is the easiest.