-
Fluxbox Installation
Hi all
I am running KDE at the moment, and I wanted to install Fluxbox to try that one out.
However, on running
code:./configure --with-kde
I get error towards the end:
checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
configure: error: Could not find XOpenDisplay in -lX11.
Any ideas what that would mean?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Is there a special reason why you are compiling fluxbox from source code as opposed to just using the Debian package tools to install a compiled package? You shuold probably use the Debian package management system. First check to see if fluxbox is a supported Debian package. Visit http://packages.debian.org, plug in fluxbox and set the engine to search "any" distribution & "any" section. Then we get the results and find Debian has the latest version of fluxbox in both testing & unstable.
Next update your system's package lists with apt-get update. Then install fluxbox with apt-get install fluxbox or you can use a GUI tools like synaptic.
I hope this helps.
James
-
Senior Member
registered user
Not sure but are you compiling from a source or distro-based package?
For most recent package see: http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/
-
I am compiling from source becuase I thought I had to add the --with-kde switch to enabke support for KDE apps...is this not the case? Will the debian package do this as well?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Upon reading about window managers for a long time yesterday, I think KDE programs will work with anything. The only reason they have KDE in their name is because they're included with KDE. Besides configuration tools, most apps should work in fluxbox. Get the debian package. So much easier.
-
Thank you all! Debian package it is!!
Similar Threads
-
By gjhicks in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-17-2005, 12:17 AM
-
By ast64 in forum German Forum
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2005, 10:38 PM
-
By piko in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-12-2004, 10:10 PM
-
By summ0n3r in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 11:41 PM
-
By 7973 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 04:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc
$78.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

WeePro Compressed Air Duster 180000RPM Cordless Mini Turbo Fan, 3-Speed Vacuum
$149.99