-
Using Knoppix to send mail externally from a script?
Hello
Using Knoppix 3.8.1 I would like to use a script to email my ISP when a particular event occurs. I am having trouble doing this.
I thought I would use mutt in command line mode, and that would invoke smail (which is running as a daemon), but I think I have something wrong in some set up somewhere - I hoped to use smail to talk with my ISPs smtp server - but it just does not work. (I used smailconfig --force to set it up - but confess may have got something wrong). If I telnet directly to port 25 on Knoppix (proferred by smail), and after the HELO business, do a MAIL FROM: - it fails as the sender is not OK - it cannot seem to resolve the (MAIL FROM) email address. I presume this must be some set up issue in my networking - but I can surf the internet and I can telnet directly to my ISPs smtp server and successfully send an email.
Anyone got any ideas. I am not particularly bothered with how I get it to work - I just want to be able to use a shell script to send an email (with binary attachments) using my isp efficiently (it has to work quickly as it needs to send many images, before the power gets switched off - so no invoking a big interpreter with a long start up time please).
Ta
eccythump
Similar Threads
-
By sdk in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-31-2005, 02:34 PM
-
By chanio in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-04-2005, 01:41 AM
-
By sourabh in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 07:55 AM
-
By Nightmare in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 06:35 PM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 05:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99