Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Tried some kliks last night and have some questions.....

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    67

    Tried some kliks last night and have some questions.....

    I grabbed some kliks last night and they worked fine!

    1) The installation placed a .cmg file on the desktop. Is there a way to give them a icon like windoze?
    2) Using a persistent /home on uba1. Klik would be install the programs there?
    3) According to the first sticky in this forum, I need to edit knoppix.sh to enable these files after reboot.
    How do I do that if the only file on the USB is knoppix.img? When I click on knoppix.img it opens kwrite and does nothing.


    Thanks :P

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: Tried some kliks last night and have some questions.....

    Quote Originally Posted by harryhood
    1) The installation placed a .cmg file on the desktop. Is there a way to give them a icon like windoze?
    Not without breaking the design goal "1 application = 1 file". This is due to the way KDE works.

    Quote Originally Posted by harryhood
    2) Using a persistent /home on uba1. Klik would be install the programs there?
    Yes, no problem at all, you can also move the cmg from your desktop there or anywhere else.

    Quote Originally Posted by harryhood
    3) According to the first sticky in this forum, I need to edit knoppix.sh to enable these files after reboot.
    Simplest solution would be that you use the Kanotix Live CD, which is klik-enabled by default.

    Greetings,
    probono

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    67
    I just tried some of the debs and they work great! I'm sticking with Knoppix for now until I'm comfortable linux. I've got the knoppix.sh and
    configs.tbz on my USB stick as well as the knoppix.img. Did I edit the sh file right?
    Thanks for the great work with the Kliks!!!




    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    [ "`id -u`" = "0" ] || { echo "You need root privileges to modify the system!" >&2 ; exit 1; }
    [ -d "$1" ] && CONFIGS="$1/configs.tbz"
    [ -f "$CONFIGS" ] || CONFIGS="/cdrom/KNOPPIX/configs.tbz"
    [ -f "$CONFIGS" ] || CONFIGS="/mnt/floppy/configs.tbz"
    if [ -f "$CONFIGS" ]; then
    echo " [1mExtracting config archive $CONFIGS... [0m"
    tar -jpPtf "$CONFIGS" | while read i; do rm -f "$i"; done
    tar -jpPxf "$CONFIGS" ; chown -R knoppix.knoppix /home/knoppix
    fi
    cat >> /etc/fstab <<\EOF 
     /mnt/app/1/image /mnt/app/1 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0 
     /mnt/app/2/image /mnt/app/2 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0 
     /mnt/app/3/image /mnt/app/3 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0 
     /mnt/app/4/image /mnt/app/4 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0 
     /mnt/app/5/image /mnt/app/5 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0 
     /mnt/app/6/image /mnt/app/6 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0 
     /mnt/app/7/image /mnt/app/7 auto user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0 
     EOF
    Well, that didn't work out too well. Rebooted and the .cmg's are there. I click to run and AppRun starts but nothing happens and eventually
    it quits. F-Prot works if I use the wrapper. I opened fstab and the above lines were there. What am I missing?

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    67

    Kanotix

    Quote Originally Posted by harryhood
    3) According to the first sticky in this forum, I need to edit knoppix.sh to enable these files after reboot.
    Simplest solution would be that you use the Kanotix Live CD, which is klik-enabled by default.

    Greetings,
    probono[/quote]

    Wow, Kanotix Live is great! No problems with sound and kliks work fine after reboot. Thanks probono!

Similar Threads

  1. Making smaller, smarter kliks
    By Donn in forum Klik
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 06:14 PM
  2. Uploading complete kliks
    By toecutter in forum Klik
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2005, 12:52 PM
  3. New section "contributed kliks"
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2004, 02:19 AM
  4. home on HDD and kliks ?
    By raptor in forum Klik
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 01:29 PM
  5. Say Good Night, kdm
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A

$49.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$36.99



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250

$25.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$75.99