Hello there. I'm doing a LiveCD that's based on Knoppix and Linux From Scratch. I was wondering if anyone would have any advice on the following topic:
The LiveCD is to be used by engineering students in a large Windows environment, and the support staff are anxious that writing to hard disks not be permitted. The machines run Win2k, so they use NTFS. Is there a way I might disable write_caching to ide hdds without using the hdparm utility. I am currently looking at ide-disk.c in the /usr/src/linux/drivers/ide directory. I can see where it writes to disk with write_cache and write_flush. Has anyone encopuntered such a problem before? Any suggestions about how I might disable this feature?
Thanks in advance,
Donal

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$125.00