There is none. Use Smart Boot Manager. This seems to be one of those questions that is asked in the forums every day. You might have saved yourself some time by just reading through recent posts rather than posting and waiting for a response.
Hi,
has anyone got the "boot.img" from the Knoppix 3.8.1 CD? I can't find it on my CD. I tried the mkbootfloppy.sh from ibiblio.org, but it didn't work. It says that there is no Knoppix CD in the drive. Can anyone send it to me by e-mail or tell me a download location? My email address: [email protected]
Thanks, s-m-n
There is none. Use Smart Boot Manager. This seems to be one of those questions that is asked in the forums every day. You might have saved yourself some time by just reading through recent posts rather than posting and waiting for a response.
Hi,
thank you very much! SBM is great! But I wonder why WinME can't read the disk created with sbminst.
thanks again! s-m-n
The floppy disk created by sbminst has the sbm program in the MBR position of the floppy. But that's not to say it's a FAT partitioned diskette. So there's no reason to expect WinME to make much sense of it.Originally Posted by s-m-n
Actually, if you wanted, I expect that you could format a bootable floppy, add a FAT partition, and then install SBM on it. Unless the SBM installer refused to install then you should be able to use the floppy to boot into SBM and Windows would still be able to see the FAT partition, although I can't think of any good reason to do this. You might even be able to pull it off with a floppy that wasn't set up to be bootable, but I do have doubts on that, not sure if such a floppy overwrites the MBR or not. Do understand that in any case Windows isn't going to see the magic part of SBM, the little loader that lives in sector zero (AKA the MBR).
Hi,
I wanted to make an image of the floppy, but actually it doesn't make sense. I have another question about Knoppix, because it refuses to write files onto my Fat32 formatted hard disk. I posted a new topic about this question in the forum, but there are no replies yet. Can you help me, please?
Thanks, s-m-n

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99
MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
Lot of 18 Various 16GB DDR4 2400T Server RAM. May have damage, not tested.
$900.00
Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95
(LOT of 8) Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12 DDR4 Cisco Server RAM Tested 100%
$1199.99