I have experienced problems after executing "knoppix-installer" under Knoppix 3.8.1.
First, I have a wipeable Linux partition on one drive (hda) and a persistant /home directory on another (hdb). The installer pointed at hda1. Even after an apparent reformatting of hda1 (/) and install, my new LILO screen was the same as the old. There seemed to be other file-system problems, such as mount-points disappearing but it may just be how UnionFS works.
hdb1 is explicitly detailed in /etc/fstab as my /home directory. It is not correctly mounted at computer startup and must be mounted from the console. In frustration, I re-installed Knoppix 3.7 and am happy with my success.
Problem? Version 3.8.1 offers many advantages over 3.7. Can I upgrade via "apt-get" to the latest version of Knoppix?
Bob

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00