-
Knoppix 3.8.1 BUG FOUND: Not finding "home=" parti
When you use the boot directive home="..." and it doesn't find your persistent partition that you created with the
knoppix util - the problem is with the "/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig": in line 1037 it is looking at each mountable
partition for "ext3|ext3|reiserfs|...". The first "ext3" should be "ext2".
Workaround (for now):
Use mkfs.ext3 to create your "home/persistent" partition then run the knoppix utility that makes your image. Lmk if you have probs.
Cheers,
Joel
-
Junior Member
registered user
Yes, but...
Thanks, now I can mount a persistent home directory. However, I still can't use -my- persistent home directory. When I copy the old /home files that I had under Knoppix 3.7 into the new knoppix.img loopback filesystem, Knoppix won't give me a desktop.
It looks like I can't use all the customization that I had in Knoppix 3.7 unless I re-enter it bit by bit.
-
You could boot in into runlevel 2 and then mount the old image and the new image. Then rsync -av the old image with the new one.
Similar Threads
-
By GCMartin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-09-2010, 04:44 PM
-
By pterandon in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2006, 03:44 AM
-
By oman in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
-
By Pokec in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 07:39 PM
-
By neitzel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 06:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

READ Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$149.99

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99