-
Knoppix 3.8.1 Bootfloppy image file is missing
Hi,
has anyone got the "boot.img" from the Knoppix 3.8.1 CD? I can't find it on my CD. I tried the mkbootfloppy.sh from ibiblio.org, but it didn't work. It says that there is no Knoppix CD in the drive. Can anyone send it to me by e-mail or tell me a download location? My email address: [email protected]
Thanks, s-m-n
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
There is none. Use Smart Boot Manager. This seems to be one of those questions that is asked in the forums every day. You might have saved yourself some time by just reading through recent posts rather than posting and waiting for a response.
-
Hi,
thank you very much! SBM is great! But I wonder why WinME can't read the disk created with sbminst.
thanks again! s-m-n
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
s-m-n
... But I wonder why WinME can't read the disk created with sbminst.
The floppy disk created by sbminst has the sbm program in the MBR position of the floppy. But that's not to say it's a FAT partitioned diskette. So there's no reason to expect WinME to make much sense of it.
Actually, if you wanted, I expect that you could format a bootable floppy, add a FAT partition, and then install SBM on it. Unless the SBM installer refused to install then you should be able to use the floppy to boot into SBM and Windows would still be able to see the FAT partition, although I can't think of any good reason to do this. You might even be able to pull it off with a floppy that wasn't set up to be bootable, but I do have doubts on that, not sure if such a floppy overwrites the MBR or not. Do understand that in any case Windows isn't going to see the magic part of SBM, the little loader that lives in sector zero (AKA the MBR).
-
Hi,
I wanted to make an image of the floppy, but actually it doesn't make sense. I have another question about Knoppix, because it refuses to write files onto my Fat32 formatted hard disk. I posted a new topic about this question in the forum, but there are no replies yet. Can you help me, please?
Thanks, s-m-n
Similar Threads
-
By delfin13 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:09 PM
-
By bobby_lobby in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2006, 09:58 PM
-
By Rey Flores in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 09:18 PM
-
By Kellymyrick in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2004, 11:52 PM
-
By jnowlin in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor
$55.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99