Come on, can really no one help me?![]()
Hi,
can Knoppix 3.8.1 write files to a Fat32 formatted Hard drive? I have already saved 1 file to it, but in the following knoppix sessions it didn't work any more. You will look very stupid if you work a hour with openOffice and then can't save your work (to the hard disk). I temporarily saved the file in the ramdisk. Is there a special boot or mount option? I am running Knoppix from the Live-CD. The file I want to save is about 3 megs, so I can't use a floppy. I also tried to pack the file with ark, but the file was bigger than a floppy. Please, help me!
Thanks, s-m-n
Come on, can really no one help me?![]()
I haven't tried this with 3.8.1. yet. With older versions of Knoppix I had no problem writing to the FAT partition. Knoppix does default it to read-only, you have to make sure that you mount it as read/write, either from a shell with the mount command or by right clicking on the partition icon and selecting actions ... from the menu that pops up. I'm wondering if you'vecome across a problem with the new file system, but it does seem unlikely.
Which commandline options are required for mounting with the shell? I'm going to try the way you described immediately.
Thanks, s-m-n
Hi,
man, you're really great. It worked fine. So I did it:
1. Booting Knoppix
2. Right-click on the hda1 partition icon on the desktop
3. selected "actions..." from the menu that pops up
4. click on the entry "Change read/write mode" or so.
Now I can work with Knoppix almost like with Windows.![]()
Thanks again, Greetings from Germany
s-m-n

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89