Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: The secret code Microsoft doesn't want you to know

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1

    The secret code Microsoft doesn't want you to know

    I lied. Sorry.

    I’ve recently got a Knoppix live CD from my teacher. Let me start off by saying that it’s great, but there’s just on problem. I’m too new at this. I know it will take time and effort and for my part I’m willing to give it both, but there’s one thing that I can’t seem to get around. I can’t seem to figure out how to get Knoppix to go into messenger. Yahoo, MSN (although msn I found out is not compatible with Linux), ICQ seem to give me problems each time I try install it. I can’t remember the name of the error, but I know that it doesn’t recognize the files installed and asks you to use a program that it doesn’t have.
    I was wondering, is this because it runs of the system RAM, am I way off? Is there a way to fix this? If this question has been answered before can you please direct to the right direction. For anyone willing to help me out thank you very much.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    try gaim, it is already ON the CD and suports MSN, ICQ, Yahoo and several more all in one program. you just have to give it the account info (username and password, perhaps add a few users)

Similar Threads

  1. Microsoft Invaders
    By your_breakfast in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-27-2004, 11:47 AM
  2. Microsoft Bluetooth mouse
    By Johny the Ripper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 08:42 PM
  3. Wireless USB Microsoft MN-510
    By grandb in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 07:58 PM
  4. Microsoft fonts question
    By Tortoise in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 06:06 AM
  5. Good use for Microsoft??
    By Stephen in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-15-2003, 05:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day picture

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day

$188.24



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00