Seems like that would be REALY slow. What exactly do you gain? I mean Okay, it might shave 10seconds off the time to load knoppix, but then you're talking about cutting the speed by a good 50% or so I'd think.
this is a wild off the wall suggestion, but I would like to see KNOPPIX to be able to run with out having to restart your computer first. This can be easily done, as this is how I normally run KNOPPIX, you would just have to include a PC emulator on the CD root. However, most free emulators have very poor performance and are too big and have to include versions for all platforms. If anyone thinks that they can have this done though, I would really like to see it. I don't expect it to be done on a CD though, maybe a DVD? Just a wish I have.
Seems like that would be REALY slow. What exactly do you gain? I mean Okay, it might shave 10seconds off the time to load knoppix, but then you're talking about cutting the speed by a good 50% or so I'd think.
www.vmware.com speeds up knoppix, at least for me, ut then again, i boot off an image on the hard drive rather than a cd..... this also allows me to remaster without burning cds when i want to test.

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49