Seems like that would be REALY slow. What exactly do you gain? I mean Okay, it might shave 10seconds off the time to load knoppix, but then you're talking about cutting the speed by a good 50% or so I'd think.
this is a wild off the wall suggestion, but I would like to see KNOPPIX to be able to run with out having to restart your computer first. This can be easily done, as this is how I normally run KNOPPIX, you would just have to include a PC emulator on the CD root. However, most free emulators have very poor performance and are too big and have to include versions for all platforms. If anyone thinks that they can have this done though, I would really like to see it. I don't expect it to be done on a CD though, maybe a DVD? Just a wish I have.
Seems like that would be REALY slow. What exactly do you gain? I mean Okay, it might shave 10seconds off the time to load knoppix, but then you're talking about cutting the speed by a good 50% or so I'd think.
www.vmware.com speeds up knoppix, at least for me, ut then again, i boot off an image on the hard drive rather than a cd..... this also allows me to remaster without burning cds when i want to test.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99