Seems like that would be REALY slow. What exactly do you gain? I mean Okay, it might shave 10seconds off the time to load knoppix, but then you're talking about cutting the speed by a good 50% or so I'd think.
this is a wild off the wall suggestion, but I would like to see KNOPPIX to be able to run with out having to restart your computer first. This can be easily done, as this is how I normally run KNOPPIX, you would just have to include a PC emulator on the CD root. However, most free emulators have very poor performance and are too big and have to include versions for all platforms. If anyone thinks that they can have this done though, I would really like to see it. I don't expect it to be done on a CD though, maybe a DVD? Just a wish I have.
Seems like that would be REALY slow. What exactly do you gain? I mean Okay, it might shave 10seconds off the time to load knoppix, but then you're talking about cutting the speed by a good 50% or so I'd think.
www.vmware.com speeds up knoppix, at least for me, ut then again, i boot off an image on the hard drive rather than a cd..... this also allows me to remaster without burning cds when i want to test.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive
$29.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99