All right, thanks for the help. Hopefully someone can fix it...I have about 40gB of data that I can't lose and need to transfer over.
I'm out of ideas. If you got that IP address by DHCP (rather than by manually putting it into netcardconfig ot a similar technique) then I would think the interface has to be working, Why it isn't stumps me. I'll back off and hope others join in the conversation. Plaes post back with the solution when you learn it.
Do take care and put limited trust in the software firewall. I run (non-Microsoft) firewall software on all of my systems too, even with a router. But software alone isn't a strong defense. Too much of the stack and system stuff is exposed to exploits before the software comes into play.
All right, thanks for the help. Hopefully someone can fix it...I have about 40gB of data that I can't lose and need to transfer over.
Hi, I am some what new to knoppix and have installed knoppix 3.8.1 on my hard drive and i have a Linksys wireless B notebook adapter model number WPC11 ver.4 and it doesn't seem to recognize the card, what i basicly need to know is how to install the card and get my wireless back up and running. if i cant get my wireless back i am going to have to put Microsuck Winblows back on my system just so that i am able to work on my system.....PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99
Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules
$69.00
Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95