-
Knoppix 3.8.1 cannot load configuration file from floppy
Hi Knoppix users ! Just recently I downloaded the image file for Knoppix 3.8.1, and burned the CD. Everything seems to be OK, however, when I try to load the configuration file from a floppy disc, by typing the boot command [/b]knoppix floppyconfig the following error message appears during boot : Filesystem not autodetected, trying to mount, /dev/fd0 with AES 256 encryption followed by a password prompt. Can anyone help me solve that problem ? Is this a bug in Knoppix 3.8.1 or has the boot options been changed ? When this boot command is used during boot using Knoppix 3.7, it works perfectly well ! Thank you !
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm quite sure this is a bug in knoppix 3.8.1, since I was unable to find anybody who could get the floppy config working. I couldn't get floppyconfig working either and the only way I've been able to get knoppix to load the initial settings is by using a usb thumbdrive and the knoppix myconfig=/dev/uba1 cheatcode.
-
Didn't the floppy config cheatcode change from "floppyconfig" to "floppyconf"?
I got hit by that one too!
--
renderer
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well it didn't work for me no matter which floppy cheatcode I used, "floppyconfig" or "floppyconf"
If anybody succeeds in getting either floppy cheatcode to work, please tell us!
Similar Threads
-
By ncsuapex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-29-2005, 07:49 AM
-
By Saenger in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:58 PM
-
By maverick in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 12:29 PM
-
By skefrank in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 04:56 PM
-
By insomica in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink Touchscreen
$99.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99

5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001
$79.98

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

magicJack EXPRESS VoIP Phone Adapter White 1-Line Caller ID RJ-45/RJ-11
$28.00