-
booting from pcmcia cd-rom--"card services"?
I'd like to run knoppix from the cd-rom of my laptop. I've been reading about a knoppix floppy here and there, that has the kernel on it. The newer kernel is too large for this so which versions of knoppix are slim enough so that I can make a floppy to boot knoppix from the cd? I've tried SBM, but I can't get it to work. I download the two dos files and attempt to install to the floppy ('sbminst -d 0') and it says sucessful, but when I try booting from the floppy, there is nothing. Ok, so this is really two questions. Any help?
Similar Threads
-
By GCMartin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-09-2010, 04:44 PM
-
By montalegrejorge in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:50 PM
-
By dgr72371 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 03:27 PM
-
By dgr72371 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 11:52 PM
-
By mark_53 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99