I've recently upgraded from Knoppix 3.7, I believe, to 3.8.1.
Everything went along smoothly (Great work), until I tried sending/receiving mail.
My popd apparently no longer works properly, and smail no longer can write mail files.
What I mean is this: I write an e-mail, as root, to root...
And I immediately get this message:Code:# mail root Subject: Test This is a test e-mail. Cc:
So I did this (I've changed the @ sign so that phpBB doesn't turn it into an e-mail link, you know, spam and all):Code:# smail: 04/24/2005 17:50:11: [12545] [m1DPozT-0000YKC] mail moved to /var/mail/error/1DPozT-0000YKC
What I don't understand is that smail is running as root and shouldn't be getting these errors. (The user "keilaron" here is the final recipient due to aliases.)Code:cat /var/mail/error/1DPozT-0000YKC <truncated> To: postmaster [-AT-] keilaron.kicks-ass.org Subject: mail failed, sending to postmaster Summary: message returned due to delivery errors. Reference: <m1DPozT-0000YHC [-AT-] keilaron.kicks-ass.org> |------------------------- Message log follows: -------------------------| Xfail: <keilaron> parent: <root> reason: (ERR133) transport local: failed to open output file: Permission denied |------------------------- Failed addresses follow: ---------------------| address: keilaron ... failed: transport local: failed to open output file: Permission denied |------------------------- Message text follows: ------------------------| <truncated>
Root has no problems touching new files into where the mail file should go... so what's the problem?

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working
$150.00