-
adding wallpapers...
*obligitory "Linux Newbie" statement*
Okay, I've got a bunch of new wallpapers that I would like to keep in the /usr/share/wallpapers directory. But everytime I try to move them there (even in su mode) it says "cannot create regular file `/usr/share/wallpapers/xxx.jpg': Read-only file system".
I haven't remastered or created a persistent home or anything like that. I'm just using the cd and a saved configuration on a floppy. So is it even possible to do this without doing the remaster/persistent home? If so that's too bad because I'm not in a place to do that yet.
If it is possible...how??
Thanks for the help.
Later.
-
persistant home for wallpapers
Hint: in Linux apparently we call them backgrounds (I use WinSnows too).
Put your backgrounds in your Home dir. (which is on the RamDisk), not /usr.
Go into KDE Configuration, you'll find background setup somewhere,
& set it to your background in the Home dir. (it's just like WinBlows).
In the PENGUIN menu on the task bar (they call TaskBar something else also)
you'll see "Configure" > "Create Knoppix Configuration".
It will save the KDE settings & lots of other settings also.
"Configure" > "Save Persistant Home" saves Home dir. with anything you put
in it (backgrounds) to a floppy, HD, USB, etc.
Just read Docs on Persistant Home, & Saving Configuration, it'll tell you more,
& show you how to restore all of the above settings.
-
Thank you.
Backgrounds...I'll remember that.
Similar Threads
-
By rrfish72 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By Joe999 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-08-2004, 02:47 AM
-
By Mustang64 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 07:14 PM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-18-2003, 07:14 AM
-
By hugo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 05:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99