Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: kdelibs-data & openoffice-de-en

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    20

    kdelibs-data & openoffice-de-en

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Hi all. I usually get pretty good info at #debian on freenode, but this looks like it's a little too knoppix-specific, and that's one thing you don't admit to on #debian.

    I ran apt-get install kgpg, 'cause I'm lazy and kgpg convenient for gmail. The kgpg actually works, but I got a message telling me that kdelibs was choking on the kdelibs-data version, and when I try to update kdelibs-data it barfs on overwriting a file from openoffice-de-en. Now anything I try with apt-get is met with "try apt-get -f install" I can't remove, I can't install, I'm chasing my tail endlessly. And I can't ask at #debian 'cause they'll kick, ban, devoice and possibly hunt me down to stick things under my fingernails; it's very knoppix unfriendly.

    That said, all help greatly appreciated.
    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)

    iD8DBQFCaicLk9YbpMuALNkRAvkRAJ9+RdhV1vTGkpO7XUxEzu u3EUBvMwCfTx2S
    khBGbuBq1abtIBwJpIebKRI=
    =0tUB
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    You should be able to force kdelibs with "sudo dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data-whateverversion.deb"
    openoffice-de-en can be removed with "apt-get --purge remove openoffice-de-en" and replaced with "deselect update" -> "apt-get install openoffice.org"
    You might also want to "apt-get install openoffice.org-l10n-en"

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    20
    Markus,

    Thanks, your incantations did the trick, except first I had to clean out /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-4_all.deb and replace it with a manually downloaded kdelibs-data_3.3.2-4_all.deb. After that all the steps you gave worked like a charm, and a final apt-get check seems to be all smiles. Thanks bunches!

    beau

Similar Threads

  1. kdelibs-data
    By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 04:07 AM
  2. Broken kdelibs-data updating knoppix 3.3 Ideas anyone?
    By TimWhite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:50 PM
  3. cannot upgrade: knoppix kdelibs-data
    By freak in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 11:11 PM
  4. Replacing openoffice-de-en with openoffice.org
    By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
  5. OpenOffice
    By Henk Poley in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 10:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00