Try adding xmodule=radeon to the cheatcode.Originally Posted by tamster121
Hello,
I'm completely new to Linux and tried Knoppix today. Everything seems to work fine except it does not set my video card correctly. When it boots up (during hardware detection), I can see that it correctly detects my video card as a Radeon 9000, and it looks like it correctly identified some legit resolutions. But when it goes into the desktop, the resolution is this funky non-standard (it's "tall" and "narrow") resolution at very low refresh rate.
I've tried the cheatcode:
Knoppix lang=us screen=1280x1024
and variations on the screen setting, but it has no effect. I'm thinking maybe it thinks my monitor can't handle the resolution (it can)? Does anybody have any suggestions about how to fix this?
BTW, I'm using KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-10-EN.iso.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Eric
Try adding xmodule=radeon to the cheatcode.Originally Posted by tamster121
Thanks! That worked like a charm.
Eric
Your welcome.
Just a quick question for you since you are using a Radeon, if you run a 3D game like tuxracer,can Knoppix still shut down, or does it hang?
I've got a Radeon 9000 and if I run a 3D game, *any* Linux Distro will not shutdown. Please try it and tell me if that happens to you too.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00