Try adding xmodule=radeon to the cheatcode.Originally Posted by tamster121
Hello,
I'm completely new to Linux and tried Knoppix today. Everything seems to work fine except it does not set my video card correctly. When it boots up (during hardware detection), I can see that it correctly detects my video card as a Radeon 9000, and it looks like it correctly identified some legit resolutions. But when it goes into the desktop, the resolution is this funky non-standard (it's "tall" and "narrow") resolution at very low refresh rate.
I've tried the cheatcode:
Knoppix lang=us screen=1280x1024
and variations on the screen setting, but it has no effect. I'm thinking maybe it thinks my monitor can't handle the resolution (it can)? Does anybody have any suggestions about how to fix this?
BTW, I'm using KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-10-EN.iso.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Eric
Try adding xmodule=radeon to the cheatcode.Originally Posted by tamster121
Thanks! That worked like a charm.
Eric
Your welcome.
Just a quick question for you since you are using a Radeon, if you run a 3D game like tuxracer,can Knoppix still shut down, or does it hang?
I've got a Radeon 9000 and if I run a 3D game, *any* Linux Distro will not shutdown. Please try it and tell me if that happens to you too.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 3.40GHz Socket AM4 CPU 32MB L3 Cache
$174.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel Core i7-11700T 1.4GHz Processor 8-Core Socket LGA1200 SRKNT
$129.95
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95
Dell Latitude 5420 14" - Core i5-1145G7 - 8GB - 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro - WARRANTY
$276.35
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00