-
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro (128 MB)
Hello,
I'm completely new to Linux and tried Knoppix today. Everything seems to work fine except it does not set my video card correctly. When it boots up (during hardware detection), I can see that it correctly detects my video card as a Radeon 9000, and it looks like it correctly identified some legit resolutions. But when it goes into the desktop, the resolution is this funky non-standard (it's "tall" and "narrow") resolution at very low refresh rate.
I've tried the cheatcode:
Knoppix lang=us screen=1280x1024
and variations on the screen setting, but it has no effect. I'm thinking maybe it thinks my monitor can't handle the resolution (it can)? Does anybody have any suggestions about how to fix this?
BTW, I'm using KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-10-EN.iso.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Eric
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: ATI Radeon 9000 Pro (128 MB)

Originally Posted by
tamster121
Hello,
I've tried the cheatcode:
Knoppix lang=us screen=1280x1024
Try adding xmodule=radeon to the cheatcode.
-
Thanks! That worked like a charm.
Eric
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Just a quick question for you since you are using a Radeon, if you run a 3D game like tuxracer,can Knoppix still shut down, or does it hang?
I've got a Radeon 9000 and if I run a 3D game, *any* Linux Distro will not shutdown. Please try it and tell me if that happens to you too.
Similar Threads
-
By IsuruA in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 04:15 AM
-
By ZioNemo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2004, 11:21 AM
-
By zblace in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 04:25 PM
-
By guero in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 12:30 AM
-
By www.rzr.online.fr in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 12:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99