Try adding xmodule=radeon to the cheatcode.Originally Posted by tamster121
Hello,
I'm completely new to Linux and tried Knoppix today. Everything seems to work fine except it does not set my video card correctly. When it boots up (during hardware detection), I can see that it correctly detects my video card as a Radeon 9000, and it looks like it correctly identified some legit resolutions. But when it goes into the desktop, the resolution is this funky non-standard (it's "tall" and "narrow") resolution at very low refresh rate.
I've tried the cheatcode:
Knoppix lang=us screen=1280x1024
and variations on the screen setting, but it has no effect. I'm thinking maybe it thinks my monitor can't handle the resolution (it can)? Does anybody have any suggestions about how to fix this?
BTW, I'm using KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-10-EN.iso.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Eric
Try adding xmodule=radeon to the cheatcode.Originally Posted by tamster121
Thanks! That worked like a charm.
Eric
Your welcome.
Just a quick question for you since you are using a Radeon, if you run a 3D game like tuxracer,can Knoppix still shut down, or does it hang?
I've got a Radeon 9000 and if I run a 3D game, *any* Linux Distro will not shutdown. Please try it and tell me if that happens to you too.

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i5-13400F 10 Core 16 Thread Processor SRMBN
$126.99
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99