-
Senior Member
registered user
New problems when compiling under 3.8.1
Under an earlier version of knoppix (3.4) I was able
to compile a webcam driver without errors.
Now under knoppix 3.8.1 liveCD, I had errors and
discovered that knoppix 3.8.1 does not contain the
necessary header files in the directory
/lib/modules/2.6.11/build/include/linux (The
corresponding directory did indeed contain the
required header files in 3.4)
So I downloaded the kernel source for 3.8.1 and
untarred it into /usr/src/2.6.11, which is where the
symbolic link /lib/modules/2.6.11/build points to.
(This is only possible now with UNIONFS, which is the
only reason I'm upgrading to 3.8)
I was hoping (guessing) that this would fix the
problem of missing header files, however now I am
getting a slew of error messages (from
/lib/modules/2.6.11/build/include/linux/kernel.h)
like:
error: parse error before "size_t"
warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
warning: conflicting types for built-in function
`snprintf'
Apparently this liveCD is not completely configured
for compiling certain source code, since these errors
did not come up in v3.4.
What do I need to do to prepare the 3.8.1 environment
for compiling?
Similar Threads
-
By Jameson in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 07:50 PM
-
By Kowood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2005, 10:44 AM
-
By covici in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 05:58 PM
-
By Frost in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 08:59 PM
-
By Fang in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 05:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

LOT OF 2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-EE1-11 P/N: MTA18ASF2G72AZ-2G6D1ZG
$199.95

x6 SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx4 PC4-2133P DDR4 17000 ECC Memory HMA41GR7AFR4N-TF
$170.00

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

LOT OF 6 Samsung 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V M386A8K40BM2-CTD6Q Server RAM
$1799.99

Lot of 3~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V-LE2 Server RAM Memory DDR4
$600.00

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

LOT OF 27-Mixed Lot of 8GB (27x8GB=216GB TOTAL) PC3L-12800R ECC REG Server RAM
$99.99

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM
$74.50