-
Junior Member
registered user
Aaah, a little light goes on 
Ok, I've installed Knoppix 3.7 with the 2.4.27 kernel on my harddisk. I initially booted with the live cd and ran the install script from there. With the live cd, there was no problem with the network connection. However, now that it's installed on my HDD, I must configure the network card manually everytime I reboot. I do this by running /usr/sbin/netcardconfig, which is on the KNOPPIX menu. And that's it - snip snip, Bob's yer aunt.
Hth, mr_ed. Looking forward to reading some of your ideas 
CrashedAgain, I've had a look at knoppix-hd-config and it says this about the network:
Code:
SCRIPTS=""
STARTNET=""
STARTPPP=""
STARTPCMCIA=""
STARTCUPS=""
while read i; do
case "$i" in
*/etc/network/interfaces) STARTNET="yes";;
*/etc/pcmcia/*) STARTPCMCIA="yes";;
*/etc/cups*) STARTCUPS="yes";;
esac
done <"$TMP"
[ -x /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot ] && STARTPPP="yes";
if [ -n "$STARTNET" ]
then
echo "ESC[1;33m(Re)starting network services.ESC[0m"
killall pump 2>/dev/null && sleep 2 && killall -9 pump 2>/dev/null && sl
eep 2
SCRIPTS="$SCRIPTS ifupdown networking"
fi
There's some more, but this seems to be the relevant part. Unfortunately I know sweet blue buggerall about scripts and scripting. I'd be much obliged if you could tell me what to try next.
Thanks
Joe[/quote]
Similar Threads
-
By Jorge Martínez in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-07-2006, 11:27 PM
-
By d_e_c_e in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2006, 02:00 PM
-
By compgeek in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-06-2006, 10:52 PM
-
By zombie3000 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2005, 04:35 AM
-
By Tine in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00