As stated in my previous thread, this is my first remaster and I am making a Knoppix that will run LAMP. I am posting this message from my remaster! (I used the Knoppix 3.7 CD and the bootfrom option to get here.) It's really neat, actually.![]()
Anyways, MySQL is refusing to start, announcing that the area it needs to write to is read only:
Apache, PHP is all working, but MySQL is my problem. Actually, I found it interesting that my filesystem compressed to 609MB in the first place: I was worried about space before compression, pretty much all I slimmed off was internationalization packs and games. I installed, however, Apache, PHP, and MySQL, plus rox-filer and a couple other related tools.050423 20:26:44 InnoDB: Operating system error number 30 in a file operation.
InnoDB: See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/InnoDB.html
InnoDB: for installation help.
InnoDB: Error number 30 means 'Read-only file system'.
InnoDB: Some operating system error numbers are described at
InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Op...ror_codes.html
InnoDB: File name ./ibdata1
InnoDB: File operation call: 'open'.
InnoDB: Cannot continue operation.![]()
Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is so neat, remastering Knoppix!![]()

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00