-
svga.lib
Greetings all:
I have Knoppix 3.7 installed to my HDD. As I have looked around in Knoppix it appears that svga.lib is installed. Is this correct?
I am really struggling with Linux and get very frustrated because I find myself not knowing what to do to solve a problem. Thanks in advance for your help.
-
Senior Member
registered user
What are you trying to do? What error message are you getting?
-
I want to install an application called Linrad, and it requires svga.lib as one of the supporting items. I did a Find, and from what I can see, svga is already an installed packsge.
-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, if I pop up Synaptic I find lots of entries for svga. (But none for the strange application you're trying to install or I'd suggest you did an apt-get for it, rather than pratting about with source code
).
For example:
svgalib-bin (which carries a "use with caution" flag)
libsvga1 (which is included in Knoppix)
libsvga1-dev
My guess (nothing more) is that the first or the third are what's required. Put them on and give it a try.
You want to su to root, do
apt-get update && apt-get install svgalib-bin libsvga1-dev && exit
then try your compile again. It's unfortunate thaty many developers simply don't state the "precise" names of dependencies (but, then, often they have different names in different distros. Often it'll be the development libraries of something you already have.
-
Many thanks.. I'll try it
Similar Threads
-
By ptesone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 05:09 PM
-
By eyeball2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 05:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21