Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: svga.lib

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    37

    svga.lib

    Greetings all:

    I have Knoppix 3.7 installed to my HDD. As I have looked around in Knoppix it appears that svga.lib is installed. Is this correct?

    I am really struggling with Linux and get very frustrated because I find myself not knowing what to do to solve a problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    What are you trying to do? What error message are you getting?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    37
    I want to install an application called Linrad, and it requires svga.lib as one of the supporting items. I did a Find, and from what I can see, svga is already an installed packsge.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    OK, if I pop up Synaptic I find lots of entries for svga. (But none for the strange application you're trying to install or I'd suggest you did an apt-get for it, rather than pratting about with source code ).

    For example:

    svgalib-bin (which carries a "use with caution" flag)
    libsvga1 (which is included in Knoppix)
    libsvga1-dev

    My guess (nothing more) is that the first or the third are what's required. Put them on and give it a try.

    You want to su to root, do

    apt-get update && apt-get install svgalib-bin libsvga1-dev && exit

    then try your compile again. It's unfortunate thaty many developers simply don't state the "precise" names of dependencies (but, then, often they have different names in different distros. Often it'll be the development libraries of something you already have.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    37
    Many thanks.. I'll try it

Similar Threads

  1. SVGA graphics root only!
    By ptesone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 05:09 PM
  2. Missing svga (cirrus) module from hdinstall
    By eyeball2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 05:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1774.24



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$427.48



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$15.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$461.10



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$288.98



SAMSUNG 990 EVO PLUS 1TB PCIe 4.0 x4/ 5.0 x2 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V9S1T0B/AM) picture

SAMSUNG 990 EVO PLUS 1TB PCIe 4.0 x4/ 5.0 x2 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V9S1T0B/AM)

$189.99