Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Root profile loading

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2

    Root profile loading

    Hello,

    I am an absolute beginner so please be patient

    I installed Knoppix on my hd using "knx-hdinstall", I got a lot of messages of error but at the end everything seemed to be ok...excepted that if I try to login as root from the graphic screen of KDE, the procedure just start and then the system freezes ....crazy but the user account works...

    May anyone help me?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    84
    Can you remember what the error messages were about in general? Or how many is a lot? Some versions of Knoppix 3.2 have a broken hdinstall script. Also if you had a bad download you might not notice it normaly but when you install it will show up.

    My suggestion would be to check the MD5 of your download. If that doesn't help get the latest version 2003-04-10. I know it works because I just used it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thank you for your response...

    I am using Knoppix 3.1 (better "I am trying to use it... , I found it as ISO image in a magazine CD...uhmm..so you think it could be corrupted...anyway I am not able to download the entire cd from the net because I have a dialup connection...maybe you know any place on the Internet where I could buy the latest version?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Try here to order a cd.

Similar Threads

  1. /etc/profile called twice when xterm icon clicked
    By pelican in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 09:43 PM
  2. How do I reinitialize a profile from last session logout
    By toaster2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 04:12 PM
  3. /etc/profile won't execute xterm or konsole
    By markgilmore1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 04:24 PM
  4. changing default user profile
    By bigdaddy in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 01:55 AM
  5. Location of .profile .bshrc ????????
    By marcdevon in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 10:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$334.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$222.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...

$679.99



Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch picture

Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch

$379.00



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK

$285.99