Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Cedega Issue

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274

    Cedega Issue

    Ok, so I've got v3.4 hd installed, and I need to run an exe file from a cd to load a modem driver. I setup Wine, and installed Cedega and it's dependencies. The instructions with the modem specified to run AUTORUN.EXE in Linux, so I did:
    Code:
    # cedega -use-pthreads no /cdrom/AUTORUN.EXE
    and it gave me some output similar to (but not exactly) this:
    Code:
    xlib: no protocol specified
    x11: couldn't load :0.0
    i think there was another line about the :0.0 thing between those two. Do I just need to use an additional Cedega option? (it told me I should use -use-pthreads no) How do I specify a protocol thingy? How do I make it so my exes can run??

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    Kay, here's the exact output (if it's of any help):
    Code:
    # cedega -use-pthreads no /mnt/cdrom/AUTORUN.EXE
    Warning: Language 'us' was not recognized, defaulting to English
    Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
    Xlib: No protocol specified
    
    x11drv: Can't open display: :0.0

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    22
    Hey, I am not too sure, but I think your video drivers are set up wrong, I had the same problem starting the x server for a while and it ended up being the wrong driver installed. Being that you are using cedega, hopefully you have an nvidia card, as the drivers are easy to get (www.nvidia.com). I don't know about ATI, as I run nvidia myself.

    Check your config file, /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to make sure it is set up right, or you can use the command dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

Similar Threads

  1. how install cedega-wineX in knoppix .... cvs??
    By zlibre in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 12:57 AM
  2. Cedega...
    By Kowood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 06:36 PM
  3. Using Files on Windows Partition in Cedega??
    By Kowood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 10:59 PM
  4. cedega help
    By Siphter in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 07:59 AM
  5. MBR issue
    By elqueso in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1... picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...

$324.99