-
Junior Member
registered user
Hello, I am also new to Knoppix, but have been doing some researching into getting games to work w/ Linux. Basically here is what I have found out it takes.
1. Proper Video Driver - Since you are running a 5200, this is a little easier, www.nvidia.com has a set of drivers for linux, however I am having no luck getting them to work, could be just me or how I got everything set up.
2. This is an either or situation.
A. Linux versions of the games, I know a while back UT and some others were making Linux versions, if you have a copy, this should be much easier.
B. Cedega. This is for your windows versions. It's basically Wine with support for games. You can find out about it at www.transgaming.com
Like I said I am also new. If anyone would like to add things I missed or errors , feel free to.
Similar Threads
-
By fannymites in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 05:23 AM
-
By dayalp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 06:03 PM
-
By diirrttiiee in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 08:34 AM
-
By colin stewart in forum General Support
Replies: 17
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 12:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98