-
Junior Member
registered user
Hello, I just wanted to post an update.
I just got City of Heroes to work, I am no longer running Knoppix, BUT I am running debian, since knoppix is basically debian, this should still work.
1. Follow the instructions in this link to get the NVidia drivers installed.
http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-21554.html
2. Find a copy of Cedega, it comes in .deb packages, so you can install it through apt-get or kpackage with no problem.
3. Copy your game to the proper folders (some new ones will show up in your home folder)
4. run your game #cedega name-of-game-exe
This is how I got my stuff to work. Make sure you follow all the instructions when installing the Nvidia driver, I forgot to remove GLCore, and spent another couple of hours trying to figure out why it wouldn't work. However, I did find out, instead of editing the XF86Config-4 file, your can run dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 to add the nvidia driver as your default and to remove the things you need to remove.
I know it's a little late for your lan party, but this should get you running for the next one.
Similar Threads
-
By fannymites in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 05:23 AM
-
By dayalp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 06:03 PM
-
By diirrttiiee in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 08:34 AM
-
By colin stewart in forum General Support
Replies: 17
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 12:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$379.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99