-
minirt24.gz
I've modified a copy of minirt24.gz, and tried to start it. I changed the startup message, and that worked, so I know it loaded properly. I used the following commands in the GRUB console:
root (hd0,5)
kernel (hd0,5)/dir/to/linux24 bootfrom=/dev/hda11 desktop=icewm splash
initrd (hd0,5)/dir/to/minirt24_new.gz
boot
I saw my custom startup message, and then it shoved the basic console at me. So I tried the normal minirt24.gz, with:
root (hd0,5)
kernel (hd0,5)/dir/to/linux24 bootfrom=/dev/hda11 desktop=icewm splash
initrd (hd0,5)/dir/to/minirt24.gz
boot
And I saw the default boot message, and get the same problem! It works, however, when I boot the Knoppix CD and from the ISOLINUX prompt, type:
knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda11 desktop=icewm splash
So I'm wondering why. It says it can't find the KNOPPIX filesystem. Help!
-
Hmm dunno, but which start up message did you try to change, the one which in LILO, like sayng Knoppix bla bla bla press F1 for options...,
if that it can be changed by simply editing boot.msg file.
and picture stored in logo.16
hth
Nikolay
-
Senior Member
registered user
ilovelinux98
Today, I got the same. It is a permissions issue. Try to modify this file in the same folder with root previllage. That's how I got it working.
Good luck.
Similar Threads
-
By jackiechen858 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 11:13 PM
-
By netgirl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00