Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: minirt24.gz

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    minirt24.gz

    I've modified a copy of minirt24.gz, and tried to start it. I changed the startup message, and that worked, so I know it loaded properly. I used the following commands in the GRUB console:

    root (hd0,5)
    kernel (hd0,5)/dir/to/linux24 bootfrom=/dev/hda11 desktop=icewm splash
    initrd (hd0,5)/dir/to/minirt24_new.gz
    boot

    I saw my custom startup message, and then it shoved the basic console at me. So I tried the normal minirt24.gz, with:

    root (hd0,5)
    kernel (hd0,5)/dir/to/linux24 bootfrom=/dev/hda11 desktop=icewm splash
    initrd (hd0,5)/dir/to/minirt24.gz
    boot

    And I saw the default boot message, and get the same problem! It works, however, when I boot the Knoppix CD and from the ISOLINUX prompt, type:

    knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda11 desktop=icewm splash

    So I'm wondering why. It says it can't find the KNOPPIX filesystem. Help!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    57
    Hmm dunno, but which start up message did you try to change, the one which in LILO, like sayng Knoppix bla bla bla press F1 for options...,
    if that it can be changed by simply editing boot.msg file.
    and picture stored in logo.16

    hth

    Nikolay

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    103
    ilovelinux98

    Today, I got the same. It is a permissions issue. Try to modify this file in the same folder with root previllage. That's how I got it working.

    Good luck.

Similar Threads

  1. minirt24 drove me crazy :-(
    By jackiechen858 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 11:13 PM
  2. Building minirt24.gz help
    By netgirl in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 02:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2 picture

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2

$135.00



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73