-
Unable to mount /dev/app/1 [solution]
ok my problem is about mounting
it says
Unable to mount /dev/app/1
-
Senior Member
registered user
If you have this problem, then please
- post what exact Knoppix/Kanotix version you are using
- try Kanotix 2005-01 from Live CD; this one is known to work
- try to mount by hand: su ; mount ~/Desktop/XXX.cmg /mnt/test -o loop -t cramfs ; /mnt/test/wrapper
- or unpack the cmg: cramfsck -x ~/Desktop/XXX.cmg /opt/XXX ; /opt/XXX/wrapper
Who wants me help to fix the code in ~/.zAppRun to remove the problem?
EDIT: replacing"auto" by "cramfs,iso9660" in the /mnt/app lines in /etc/fstab does the trick
Greetings,
probono[/b]
-
ups, sorry i didn't read the documentation of klik carefuly.
i am using kubuntu and kubuntu is not in the list of supported distributions
is it possible to work anyway?
i really like this idea of klik
-
ups, sorry i didn't se that my distribution is not on the list.
i am using kubuntu.
is there possible to use klik anyway?
i like the idea (simplicity) of the klik thing.
lp garbas
-
-
same problem
Hi
I'm also using Unbuntu 5.04 and getting exactly the same problem. I also have KDE installed on this setup.
I also had problems trying to use Klik with Kanotix 2005.2 and Xandros 3 Deluxe but slightly different.
Shame I could do with Klik.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Sure, it should be possible to adopt it for (K)ubuntu. Please try to hand-mount one of the small cmg files (e.g., klik://xvier). If that works, you could try to adapt ~/.zAppRun so that it works on ubuntu. Probably we will need to use the -t option of the mount command.
In the meantime, you can unpack the cmg files to directories, that should work in Ubuntu too.
Greetings,
probono
-
Hi
Not sure if I'm doing this correct as I'm a bit new to Linux.
I tried (in root console):
# su ; mount ~/Desktop/nvu.cmg /mnt/test -o loop -t cramfs ; /mnt/test/wrapper
with no complaint. Then clicked nvu on my desktop and got same err 'Unable to mount /mnt/app/1'.
Then tried;
# cramfsck -x ~/Desktop/nvu.cmg /opt/nvu ; /opt/nvu/wrapper
cramfsck: stat failed: /opt/nvu: No such file or directory
bash: /opt/nvu/wrapper: No such file or directory
# mkdir /opt/nvu
# mkdir /opt/nvu/wrapper
# cramfsck -x ~/Desktop/nvu.cmg /opt/nvu ; /opt/nvu/wrapper
cramfsck: not a block device or file: /opt/nvu
bash: /opt/nvu/wrapper: is a directory
still no good.
I love you to fix the code in ~/.zAppRun. And give me good reason to stick with Linux.
Sab
-
Senior Member
registered user
Replacing"auto" by "cramfs,iso9660" in the /mnt/app lines in /etc/fstab should do the trick. This is fixed in the client installer now.
Greetings,
probono
-
I just did a "fresh" install of Kanotix 2005-1 and got this error when I loaded the "Klik" page in Mozilla (1.0.3). I checked my /etc/fstab file and there aren't any /mnt/app lines.
What's wierd is that this is the second time I've HD installed Kanotix and the first time Klik worked fine... but now it doesn't... any ideas?
Thanks,
Paul
EDIT: After taking a second look at the site, I think the red text at the top of the intro web page is just a note to users? If so, you should reformat it so it doesn't look like an "error message".
Similar Threads
-
By kkomw in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-23-2009, 09:41 PM
-
By f15catnip in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-14-2009, 01:38 AM
-
By Sandeep in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2007, 09:13 AM
-
Replies: 24
Last Post: 01-02-2007, 10:18 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Nice White Ceramic NEC 8080A Microprocessor / Old Vintage Computer Gold IC Chip
$399.99

Aureal Vortex 2 AU8830A2 BA88ST30A-01 PCI Sound Card Vintage Untested
$44.85

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37