Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: alsa and knoppix 3.8.1

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3

    alsa and knoppix 3.8.1

    Hi.
    I have knoppix on hard disk; when he init it dònt charge alsa-module,I havee run
    alsaconf.
    How it load alsa with initiate of knoppix?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1
    I've the same problem (also knoppix 3.8.1 on hd). After running alfaconf everything works fine, but after a reboot the sound is gone and I've to run alsaconf again.
    I tried the command "alsactl store" already but still no success.

    Tom

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Arlesey, UK
    Posts
    4
    I was about to post a new topic for this, but found this thread. I too have 3.8.1 on my drive and an nForce2 motherboard. Some sound was working, but things like Realplayer and Skype were silent. Eventually I found out about alsaconf and that got it working using the Intel8x0 driver, but after a reboot I am back to where I was.

    I've been looking into the various files in /etc. I got rid of the alsa file that seemed to load all possible drivers. Could there be something else there that is overwriting what alsaconf does?

    Thanks

    Steve

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Arlesey, UK
    Posts
    4
    I had another play with this last night. I found various articles that suggested using 'alsactl store' or adding some lines to /etc/modutils/aliases, but had no luck with these. It looks like a lot of people have had this problem with various distros.

    I even looked at the alsaconf script. From what I could make out it tries to add lines to aliases, run update-modules and start alsa, but it looks like nothing happens to modules.conf when I run it. It's obviously doing something that makes the sound work for that session, but I cannot see what it might be.

    The search continues. I'm trying to educate myself on things like the boot process in order to try and work it out, but I would welcome any help.

    Steve

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 04:00 AM
  2. Alsa problem; alsa-autoconfig does not work
    By ScreamingTemporalDoom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 08:48 AM
  3. problems with alsa alsa-autoconfig doesn't seem to work
    By dzogchen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 06:37 AM
  4. alsa no work in knoppix 3.3
    By Groke in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-12-2003, 02:45 PM
  5. ALSA 9.0.4 + knoppix installation =|
    By kiilo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 08:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01