Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How to play .wmv, .asf, and .asx files?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    16

    How to play .wmv, .asf, and .asx files?

    I'm new to Knoppix, and was wondering how one can play these types of video files. Also, I can't seem to play midi files, either. I hope there aren't any downloads required, because I'm using the Knoppix CD, so I can't add anything to it.

    Any help would be appreciated!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    I don't know about midi but xine seems to play those others just fine.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Please use the
    Search | Profile | Private Messages | Log out (username) | Forum FAQ located at the top of the page. Search for WMA and find that the first thread is about adding WMA support to Debian http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16133.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderScore
    Please use the
    Search | Profile | Private Messages | Log out (username) | Forum FAQ located at the top of the page. Search for WMA and find that the first thread is about adding WMA support to Debian http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16133.
    I did a search, but the posts I found weren't entirely relevant; it wasn't just .wma files I had problems with. Had the answers been in any of the posts the search turned up, I wouldn't have needed to ask the question.

    For the record, as the other poster on this thread (accurately) pointed out, Xine already plays some of those formats, so the post you're directing me to is not only irrelevant, but inaccurate, besides. I learned on my own that Knoppix is simply missing some of the codecs needed to play all Windows Media format files. And it's kind of hard to add a codec to a finalized CD.

    Being that this is a forum for newbies, might I suggest that you try to be a little more polite...or, at the very least, since you didn't seem to know the answer, just ignore the post rather than steer someone in the wrong direction. There's only one thing more annoying than someone who's condescending, and that's someone who's condescending and wrong, besides.

Similar Threads

  1. how to play a DVD movie...
    By ngs in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 05:03 AM
  2. How do I play a dvd?
    By turbine in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 03:59 PM
  3. Is there any way to get XMMS to play .rm files?
    By Prons in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 09:58 AM
  4. XMMS unable to play .pls files
    By rayz in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:17 PM
  5. Any one play with MORPHIX?
    By xetaprime in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 05:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$49.99



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE

$6299.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare

$1800.00



Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k picture

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k

$300.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$59.99



Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 picture

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110

$129.99



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs picture

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs

$14.99



Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010) picture

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)

$149.00