BTW, I'm using kernel 2.4.27 NOT 2.4.7 (typo).
Found out that cloop.o wasn't compiled properly. Upon recompiling and re-inserting in the minirt everything worked fine!
Alex
Hi all,
I've followed the 'Remaster from Hd Install HowTo' and the 'Knoppix Custom Kernel Howto' to create a Knoppix LiveCD that would run RTAI Hal for Linux kernel v. 2.4.7. After installing the Knoppix CD to my hard drive I was able to boot the new kernel with RTAI. However, when I followed the Remaster from Hd Install HowTo to burn a new Knoppix CD with the RTAI kernel, I keep getting the message: 'Can't find Knoppix filesystem'.
Here's what I have tried:
knoppix nodma
knoppix noscsi
knoppix idecd
knoppix bootfrom=/dev/cdrom/KNOPPIX
However, if I have an existing Knoppix tohd installation on a drive, I can boot my RTAI kernel with no problem off of the CD (it uses the KNOPPIX directory from toHD). This problem just seems to be that the linuxrc cannot find KNOPPIX on the CD! I've checked the file-system structure of the original downloaded KNOPPIX CD and my copy, they are identical. Furthermore, I've tried reburning the CD to see if it was a burn error....no luck. I've also tried other computers with no luck
Any ideas/suggestions?
Thanks,
Alex
BTW, I'm using kernel 2.4.27 NOT 2.4.7 (typo).
Found out that cloop.o wasn't compiled properly. Upon recompiling and re-inserting in the minirt everything worked fine!
Alex

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A
$299.95
SAMSUNG M393A4K40CB2-CTD7Y 256GB (12 X 32GB) DDR4-2666 2Rx4 ECC RDIMM RAM
$3000.00
Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99
Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99
Hynix Memory Module - 8GB - 2Rx8 - DDR4 - 2133 MHz - HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF
$26.99
Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 8GBx2 DDR4 2400MHz RAM HX424C15FB3/8
$79.99
Kingston 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 260-Pin SO-DIMM Non-ECC lot of 10
$1500.00
ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 DIMM Unbuffered AX3U1600W8G9-RR
$25.00