Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem after adding new kernel

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2

    Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem after adding new kernel

    Hi all,

    I've followed the 'Remaster from Hd Install HowTo' and the 'Knoppix Custom Kernel Howto' to create a Knoppix LiveCD that would run RTAI Hal for Linux kernel v. 2.4.7. After installing the Knoppix CD to my hard drive I was able to boot the new kernel with RTAI. However, when I followed the Remaster from Hd Install HowTo to burn a new Knoppix CD with the RTAI kernel, I keep getting the message: 'Can't find Knoppix filesystem'.
    Here's what I have tried:
    knoppix nodma
    knoppix noscsi
    knoppix idecd
    knoppix bootfrom=/dev/cdrom/KNOPPIX

    However, if I have an existing Knoppix tohd installation on a drive, I can boot my RTAI kernel with no problem off of the CD (it uses the KNOPPIX directory from toHD). This problem just seems to be that the linuxrc cannot find KNOPPIX on the CD! I've checked the file-system structure of the original downloaded KNOPPIX CD and my copy, they are identical. Furthermore, I've tried reburning the CD to see if it was a burn error....no luck. I've also tried other computers with no luck

    Any ideas/suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Alex

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2
    BTW, I'm using kernel 2.4.27 NOT 2.4.7 (typo).
    Found out that cloop.o wasn't compiled properly. Upon recompiling and re-inserting in the minirt everything worked fine!

    Alex

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    By djduke36 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 08:32 PM
  2. Custom Kernel 2.6.23 - Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, v5.1
    By Amo666 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
  3. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    By donkeyass in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 08:33 AM
  4. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    By boomer777 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 10:26 PM
  5. Knoppix 3.6 remaster - 2.6 kernel can't find filesystem?
    By PMT in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 04:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco C9300NM8X Network Switch Module picture

Cisco C9300NM8X Network Switch Module

$599.99



Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New picture

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New

$50.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points picture

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points

$36.00



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module

$30.00



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco WS-C3850-12X48U-S 48-Port UPoE Switch 1100W PSU picture

Cisco WS-C3850-12X48U-S 48-Port UPoE Switch 1100W PSU

$149.99