-
adding wallpapers...
*obligitory "Linux Newbie" statement*
Okay, I've got a bunch of new wallpapers that I would like to keep in the /usr/share/wallpapers directory. But everytime I try to move them there (even in su mode) it says "cannot create regular file `/usr/share/wallpapers/xxx.jpg': Read-only file system".
I haven't remastered or created a persistent home or anything like that. I'm just using the cd and a saved configuration on a floppy. So is it even possible to do this without doing the remaster/persistent home? If so that's too bad because I'm not in a place to do that yet.
If it is possible...how??
Thanks for the help.
Later.
Similar Threads
-
By rrfish72 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-13-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By Joe999 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-08-2004, 02:47 AM
-
By Mustang64 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 07:14 PM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-18-2003, 07:14 AM
-
By hugo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 05:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Vintage Apple Mac mini CIB (2009 Mod A1283) Original box/sealed manuals
$450.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$155.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99