Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: vid problems with remaster

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4

    vid problems with remaster

    I've tried remastering from the instrucions/howto on this site. Adding/removing apps is no problem, and I can boot my final image no issues.

    However.... for some reason, the X settings get messed up on my custom version. It won't start at anything but 640x480x8bit on several computers I've tried. The original Knoppix disk works fine on the exact same machines.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2
    I can't offer any answer, except that I'm seeing a slightly different video related
    problem that may be similar. I remastered on one machine, following the instructions in the book "Knoppix Hacks". When I take the CD over to another machine, I get a message from the monitor "Frequency out of Range" (it's seeing 112kHz and only supports up to 110kHz). Even trying the cheatcode for generic frame buffer "fb 1024x768" did not help; the monitor still sees a frequency that's too high.

    I have run the original knoppix CDs on that monitor/PC combination.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4
    *bump*

    ?????????????

Similar Threads

  1. Remaster Help!!
    By jleppers in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 05:14 AM
  2. Remaster from DVD to a CD
    By jogeedaklown in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 02:47 PM
  3. Remaster From RAM?
    By Philip Ogletree in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 04:30 PM
  4. A remaster like this?
    By TheBinaryPenguin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:38 AM
  5. Any remaster with KDE 3.1 only?
    By in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 05:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM picture

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM

$320.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$288.19



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2 picture

Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2

$30.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory picture

Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory

$199.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99