Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: vid problems with remaster

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4

    vid problems with remaster

    I've tried remastering from the instrucions/howto on this site. Adding/removing apps is no problem, and I can boot my final image no issues.

    However.... for some reason, the X settings get messed up on my custom version. It won't start at anything but 640x480x8bit on several computers I've tried. The original Knoppix disk works fine on the exact same machines.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2
    I can't offer any answer, except that I'm seeing a slightly different video related
    problem that may be similar. I remastered on one machine, following the instructions in the book "Knoppix Hacks". When I take the CD over to another machine, I get a message from the monitor "Frequency out of Range" (it's seeing 112kHz and only supports up to 110kHz). Even trying the cheatcode for generic frame buffer "fb 1024x768" did not help; the monitor still sees a frequency that's too high.

    I have run the original knoppix CDs on that monitor/PC combination.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4
    *bump*

    ?????????????

Similar Threads

  1. Remaster Help!!
    By jleppers in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 05:14 AM
  2. Remaster from DVD to a CD
    By jogeedaklown in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 02:47 PM
  3. Remaster From RAM?
    By Philip Ogletree in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 04:30 PM
  4. A remaster like this?
    By TheBinaryPenguin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 04:38 AM
  5. Any remaster with KDE 3.1 only?
    By in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 05:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Lot of 2 Micron 8GB (Total 16GB) 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 UDIMM Desktop RAM picture

Lot of 2 Micron 8GB (Total 16GB) 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 UDIMM Desktop RAM

$50.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$30.00



MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT picture

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT

$159.99



G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4-3600 DIMM XMP 2.0 picture

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4-3600 DIMM XMP 2.0

$320.00



16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980 picture

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980

$39.99