Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Problem with library.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Gdansk, Poland
    Posts
    4

    Problem with library.

    One of my programs is useing libncurses.so.4.
    In my KNX3.2 I have a libncurses.so.5 , but I can`t find *.4.

    Whre can I find this lib and how to install it?
    Is there any way to run my program with libncurses.so.5?

    Krs

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Usually there is backward support in newer libraries, what I've had to do is make a link to the new library with the old name, like this:

    ln -s libncurses.so.5 libncurses.so.4

    Note you'll either have to be in the proper directory or use the full pathname.

    HTH

    rock

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Gdansk, Poland
    Posts
    4
    Thank you

    Krs

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Gdansk, Poland
    Posts
    4
    I have another problem to solve
    When I`m trying to make a link as You suggest, an error occure:
    "Ln: creating symbolic link ..... : Read-only file system.

    I run my Knoppix from CD. After boot,the library directroy is on ram disk.
    Then I login as root : su root.
    And do the following :
    cd /lib
    ln -s libncurse.so.5 libncurse.so.4 > an error message occures.

    I cheked mount - ramdisk is in read/write mode.

    What I do wrong?

    Krs

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    try this:

    ln -s /lib/libncurses.so.5 /var/lib/libncurses.so.4

    then:

    ldconfig

    /lib is a link to /KNOPPIX which is your cd, but /var is a link to /ramdisk/var so you can write there.

    HTH

    rock

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Gdansk, Poland
    Posts
    4
    Thank you again, but...

    After applaying all of yours advices, my program givs me this:
    error while loading shared libraries: libncourse.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

    I checked link/file exists.
    Krs

Similar Threads

  1. How installing a new library ?
    By humi001 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 09:24 PM
  2. Problem Unique to Knoppix Later Versions!(SIS problem!)
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
  3. Wierd Problem With USB Keyboard, Maybe Motherboard Problem
    By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic picture

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic

$24.95



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0

WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210

$139.99



LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5

LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better

$250.00