Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Uninstall?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    67

    Uninstall?

    How would I "uninstall" a klik? I assume just deleting the cmg isn't all there is to it. I'm using a 300MB usb persistent home and df shows it at 73% used. I don't know if I can resize it as explained in Knoppix Hacks with out losing everything. Would removing a klik be reflected in the home dir on the usb? Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    The cmg is indeed all there is to it.
    In fact, it is one of the main design goals of klik that you can remove every application by deleting just one file.

    Additionally, there is /tmp/klik which is only needed during the creation of the cmg, you can safely delete it at all times.

    Greetings,
    probono

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    67
    Hi Probono,

    I tried celestia but it won't run. I had a 30+ meg cmg on the desktop. df showed my /dev/sda1 at 62%. I deleted the cmg and emptied the trash. Rebooted and still had 62%. It looks like its still in my knoppix.img?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    If you delete the cmg and /tmp/klik, then it should really be deleted.

Similar Threads

  1. So, I was trying to uninstall some packages and..
    By NuxIT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 09:31 AM
  2. uninstall stuff?
    By digitaltsai in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 04:39 AM
  3. How to uninstall?
    By Lumma in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 11:16 PM
  4. uninstall HDD
    By Liquidant in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 03:46 AM
  5. uninstall X
    By lilliput in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.98