-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Error when installing Knoppix on HD

Originally Posted by
Mogiin
I got Knoppix 3.2 Beta,
When the installer copies the files to the harddisk I see , after 22% , in the process bar a message about an interrupt IRQ 7? And after 74% the screen goes black.
Not good- What is the date of the release? Some 3.2 releases had some install script bugs. What file system are you using? I know that there have been problems using xfs & reiser. ext3 should work fine though.
The installation is still busy. After 3 or 4 minutes I hear a beep when I press a button on the keyboard I see on the screen that the installation is complete....
Very weird installation , is this normal?
No not at all normal.
When you boot the Knoppix cd does everything work OK?
Look at dmesg and cat /proc/pci to check for any IRQ conflicts.
I don't get an IRQ error and a black screen when I am installing SuSE 8.0[/quote]
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 08:20 AM
-
By NDT_69 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 11:18 AM
-
By sala94 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 04:20 PM
-
By karplus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 11:30 AM
-
By riechert in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

The Welch Briefcase | Vintage Leather Messenger Bag
$204.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 105CS Intel Pentium 16mB Ram Win 95 No Power Cords
$299.99

Vintage 486 PC Motherboard IBM CPU ISA Cards RAM Novell NetWare 3.12 Computer
$249.99

Vintage RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon Gaming Tower with Hardware-Green LED Lights
$199.00

ASCOM Hasler 724 Mailing Systems Desktop Computer Terminal Vintage MPN 724(Rare)
$1500.00

vintage NOS Datacomp DSK119G, ALPS SKCM white, double shot, 90s, 5-pin DIN, rare
$405.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Compaq Deskpro XL 550 Pentium 66 Socket 4 32MB QVision 2000 Win95
$299.00

VINTAGE Dell Dimension XPS D233-Pentium II-128MB Ram 13.5GB HDD Matrix GFx W98SE
$229.99

Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM
$149.00