-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Mogiin
Yes , when I boot from cd everything works fine. I got version:
Knoppix V3.2
2003-03-28-beta (is this the latest version?)
No I believe 04-10 is the latest
That doesn't sound like the problem then. I would however reccomend using ext3 because it doesn't fragment. If you crash your system or shut down improperly you won't have to wait while fsck runs. With ext3 the file system is check every 30 mounts instead.
I have never heard of anyone having a properly working system if during the install there were errors. I would try the latest release, make sure you check the md5 sum, and boot with 'testcd' cheat code just to be safe. Look in cat /proc/pci and dmesg to make sure there are no IRQ conflicts-of course make sure everthing works as usual and then I would reinstall. Probably not what you wanted to hear eh? At least installing doesn't take too long.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 08:20 AM
-
By NDT_69 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 11:18 AM
-
By sala94 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 04:20 PM
-
By karplus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 11:30 AM
-
By riechert in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST Ultrastar 4TB SAS 12Gb/s 7200RPM 3.5" HDD HUS726040AL5214 4Kn
$56.00

Seagate BarraCuda ST5000LM000 5TB 5400RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard
$169.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$84.00

**77%-89% HEALTH**HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
$69.99

Constellation 4TB SAS HDD Server Drive ST4000NM0023
$31.19

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99