-
Windows XP Corrupted my File System, Now What?!
Hey guys, I recently re-installed WinXP and I backed up all my data to one drive and removed it. Then, I installed the new OS and put the drive with the backups back into the system. When WinXP booted, I could see only one folder and then all the subfolders had gibberish for names along with the files. So, I booted up Knoppix and found that all the files were fine and still there with the correct names. After this, I booted back into WinXP and it ran a scan on the whole backup drive saying it needed to check that disk. It said there were some errors and they could not be fixed. When WinXP got booted up again, I tried to look at the drive again and found the one file I could open was still named correctly but it was an unknown file extension instead of a folder icon. Fearing the worst, I opened up knoppix again and it cannot read the folder either, it is still an unknown file type as well.
What can I do?! I really need this data since its my bookmarks, email, and other important irreplaceable stuff. Help is greatly appreciated!
Similar Threads
-
By KnoppixIsOk in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-23-2007, 11:27 PM
-
By kaptan in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-08-2007, 12:23 AM
-
By sakiZ in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2007, 02:13 AM
-
By insolit in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-04-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By TMcGrath in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Nanya NT32GA72D4NFX3K-JR 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA K25 DDR4 RDIMM RAM Server Memory
$199.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

SK hynix 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SDRAM PC4-2133P 288-Pin DIMM HMA41GU7AFR8N-TF
$65.00

Kingston 128GB (8x16GB) DDR5-4800MHZ PC5-38400 Unbuffered memory Dual Channel
$1050.00

HYNIX 64GB (1X64GB) 2RX4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SERVER MEMORY
$600.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2
$30.00