You can try to remaster
http://inittab.org/lite_es.html
a 200 mb knoppix 3.7
or read the removed packages list, to know what you have to remove
http://inittab.org/removed.txt
or read the actually file list
http://inittab.org/packages.txt
Good Luck
Hey everyone, I was wondering about what size knoppix would be if I removed all the non-essenials except the audio multimedia plugins(mp3, ogg codecs) I want to make a bootable stepmania CD and have 550mb-570mb of required files for stepmania, and was wondering if I could do this with just a GUI(maybe a web browser if there is space for troubleshooting) and what was stated above. Thanks -mjoolnir
You can try to remaster
http://inittab.org/lite_es.html
a 200 mb knoppix 3.7
or read the removed packages list, to know what you have to remove
http://inittab.org/removed.txt
or read the actually file list
http://inittab.org/packages.txt
Good Luck
or maybe a simi-custom DSL cd with their MYdsl add-ons you can get mplayer,
not sure about the ogg part.
damnsmalllinux.org (based on knoppix)
It doesn't exist. Believe me, I was looking for such remaster for 2 months, every day.Originally Posted by mjoolnir
Which is a pretty good idea.
Only english language, kde (or xfce (better and small)), no firefox (konqueror), and only kedit. I believe a very very light knoppix remaster with just the base of files for X client and minimum usage is the perfect start point for any other remasters.
Maybe we should try to do it, Im sure it could be helpful for more people

1 lot of (17) SSDs and 1 lot of (59) Intel Xeon W-1250 Processors.
$3000.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon X5690 3.46GHz 6.4GT/s 12MB 6-core 1333MHz SLBVX processor
$28.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11
$699.00
HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99